Welcome to Nursing Homes Ireland
NHI/Irish Independent Supplement, 20th November 2014 NURSING HOMES: SPECIAL CARE CREATING HAPPINESS
Ireland can be a world leader in providing care to older persons. That is the view of Nursing Homes Ireland (NHI), the representative organisation for Ireland's private and voluntary nursing home sector.
NHI is committed to ensuring the lives of older persons in the 400+ private and voluntary nursing homes across the country are enhanced and fulfilled. Our members are committed to ensuring persons who call nursing homes "home" are provided with the highest quality care and services.
Private and voluntary nursing homes play a key role in healthcare delivery in Ireland. The 400+ homes provide expert care to almost 22,000 persons in specialist settings in local communities. Our members also provide employment to thousands of healthcare and specialist staff. Private and voluntary nursing homes are meeting the growing care requirements of our ageing population.
NHI supports members by providing expert advice surrounding care delivery and representing their interests and those of their residents at local and national level.
NHI plays an influential and key role within the Irish healthcare sector. Its expertise, experience and unified voice for hundreds of care providers is of critical importance within the healthcare setting. NHI engages with State bodies, health stakeholders, representative organisations for older persons and wider society to influence and shape policy and inform debate surrounding the care of older persons.
It is our goal to ensure everyone who chooses a nursing home for the next step in their lives experiences a safe, happy, caring and fulfilling environment. Members are realising the goal and are being supported in doing so by Nursing Homes Ireland, a strong, unified, influential national representative organisation within Irish healthcare.
Nursing Homes Ireland is committed to providing leadership, supporting members and promoting excellence.
NURSING HOME FINDER
Find a nursing home in your area...
- 29 Jan 2015
- Only 11% of Nursing Homes Have Dedicated Dementia Care Units According to First National Survey
- 21 Jan 2015
- NHI Statement responding to Minister Lynch comments re looming nursing crisis
- 16 Jan 2015
- Forum on Long-Term Residential Care is imperative
- 7 Jan 2015
- 1,200+ nursing home beds available during A & E Crisis
- 11 Dec 2014
- NHI Statement 11th December re Nursing Home Care
- 10 Dec 2014
- Statement: St Attracta's Nursing Home, Co Mayo
- 27 Nov 2014
- NHI welcomes €10m increase for Fair Deal 2015
- 6 Nov 2014
- NHI stresses central role of nursing home care in healthcare delivery to Minister Varadkar
- 5 Nov 2014
- European expert warns seeking care for older people will become ‘catastrophic’ if we fail to proactively plan
- 28 Oct 2014
- Fair Deal crisis generating national headlines
- 14 Oct 2014
- NHI Budget 2015 statement: Crisis in elderly care will spiral out of control
- 7 Oct 2014
- Extraordinary Delays in Fair Deal Funding - NHI Pre-Budget Submission