Welcome to Nursing Homes Ireland
Ireland can be a world leader in providing care to older persons. That is the view of Nursing Homes Ireland (NHI), the representative organisation for Ireland's private and voluntary nursing home sector.
NHI is committed to ensuring the lives of older persons in the 400+ private and voluntary nursing homes across the country are enhanced and fulfilled. Our members are committed to ensuring persons who call nursing homes "home" are provided with the highest quality care and services.
Private and voluntary nursing homes play a key role in healthcare delivery in Ireland. The 400+ homes provide expert care to almost 22,000 persons in specialist settings in local communities. Our members also provide employment to thousands of healthcare and specialist staff. Private and voluntary nursing homes are meeting the growing care requirements of our ageing population.
NHI supports members by providing expert advice surrounding care delivery and representing their interests and those of their residents at local and national level.
NHI plays an influential and key role within the Irish healthcare sector. Its expertise, experience and unified voice for hundreds of care providers is of critical importance within the healthcare setting. NHI engages with State bodies, health stakeholders, representative organisations for older persons and wider society to influence and shape policy and inform debate surrounding the care of older persons.
It is our goal to ensure everyone who chooses a nursing home for the next step in their lives experiences a safe, happy, caring and fulfilling environment. Members are realising the goal and are being supported in doing so by Nursing Homes Ireland, a strong, unified, influential national representative organisation within Irish healthcare.
Nursing Homes Ireland is committed to providing leadership, supporting members and promoting excellence.
NURSING HOME FINDER
Find a nursing home in your area...
- 16 Sep 2015
- Hundreds of Nursing Homes demand Minister Varadkar to take control of nurse registration crisis
- 16 Sep 2015
- Minister needs to take charge of registration crisis
- 14 Sep 2015
- NHI: Department of Health Emergency Taskforce Meeting must tackle nurse registration crisis
- 20 Jul 2015
- NHI Statement re Review of the Nursing Homes Support Scheme (Fair Deal)
- 3 Jul 2015
- NHI statement re HIQA publication: Annual overview report on the regulation of designated centres for older people – 2014
- 30 Jun 2015
- Worrying Drop In Number Of Nursing Homes Could Jeopardise Care For Older People, Report Finds
- 24 Jun 2015
- Extraordinary NMBI delays threaten capacity warns Nursing Homes Ireland
- 23 Jun 2015
- Additional Resources Required for Care
- 21 Jun 2015
- Nursing Homes Week To Kick Off With Events For 23,000 Residents Across Ireland
- 8 Jun 2015
- Crisis in Public Nursing Home Care now imminent
- 6 Apr 2015
- State covering up cost of public nursing home care
- 2 Apr 2015
- NHI Statement: A & E overcrowding