Welcome to Nursing Homes Ireland
Ireland can be a world leader in providing care to older persons. That is the view of Nursing Homes Ireland (NHI), the representative organisation for Ireland's private and voluntary nursing home sector.
NHI is committed to ensuring the lives of older persons in the 400+ private and voluntary nursing homes across the country are enhanced and fulfilled. Our members are committed to ensuring persons who call nursing homes "home" are provided with the highest quality care and services.
Private and voluntary nursing homes play a key role in healthcare delivery in Ireland. The 400+ homes provide expert care to almost 22,000 persons in specialist settings in local communities. Our members also provide employment to thousands of healthcare and specialist staff. Private and voluntary nursing homes are meeting the growing care requirements of our ageing population.
NHI supports members by providing expert advice surrounding care delivery and representing their interests and those of their residents at local and national level.
NHI plays an influential and key role within the Irish healthcare sector. Its expertise, experience and unified voice for hundreds of care providers is of critical importance within the healthcare setting. NHI engages with State bodies, health stakeholders, representative organisations for older persons and wider society to influence and shape policy and inform debate surrounding the care of older persons.
It is our goal to ensure everyone who chooses a nursing home for the next step in their lives experiences a safe, happy, caring and fulfilling environment. Members are realising the goal and are being supported in doing so by Nursing Homes Ireland, a strong, unified, influential national representative organisation within Irish healthcare.
Nursing Homes Ireland is committed to providing leadership, supporting members and promoting excellence.
NURSING HOME FINDER
Find a nursing home in your area...
- 11 May 2016
- NHI statement re NMBI Registration
- 5 May 2016
- Government talks must recognise imperative requirement to plan for older population
- 27 Apr 2016
- NHI statement re UCHG
- 14 Apr 2016
- NHI statement re HIQA report - Annual overview report on the regulation of designated centres for older people – 2015
- 7 Apr 2016
- HIQA intervention urged as nurse registration crisis escalates
- 21 Mar 2016
- Sunday Business Post article: Nursing homes warn of minimum wage impact
- 4 Mar 2016
- Nursing Homes Ireland Seeks Seanad Candidates
- 14 Feb 2016
- Monday 15th February day of mobilisation by NHI Members - General Election 2016
- 26 Jan 2016
- NHI Statement
- 6 Jan 2016
- NHI Statement re A & E overcrowding
- 21 Dec 2015
- Findings and recommendations within nursing home report of seismic important for health sector
- 16 Dec 2015
- NHI Statement re HSE Service Plan 2016