Nursing Homes Week 2015
"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing," C.S Lewis
In communities across Ireland a host of wide-ranging celebratory activities will celebrate and promote nursing home care during Nursing Homes Week 2015!
Nursing home residents, their relatives and friends, staff and wider communities will acclaim the outstanding, life enhancing health and social care provided by outstanding, dedicated staff within nursing homes in our local communities.
2015 marks the third such national celebration. Visit your local nursing home to enquire as to what celebratory events and activities are being organised.
Nursing homes will be hosting ‘traditional’ celebrations that include family days, parties, music, arts and crafts, activity sessions, day trips, barbeques, games, talks, exhibitions, cooking, gardening.
Lots of ‘novel’ celebrations will also take place. Last year’s included a Mardi-Gras themed party, Phantom of the Opera themed masked ball, beach-themed party, X Factor competition, casino day, fashion show, mad hatters tea party, art exhibition, transformation of a chapel to a cinema, resident/school sports day.
NURSING HOME FINDER
Find a nursing home in your area...
- 6 Apr 2017
- NHI Letter to Irish Examiner re Dementia Care
- 6 Apr 2017
- Census 2016: State cannot continue to turn a blind eye to ‘older old’ populations healthcare needs
- 28 Mar 2017
- Five Nations Care Forum Edinburgh Statement: Severe Underfunding
- 25 Jan 2017
- HSE must be questioned regarding planning failure for A & E crisis
- 19 Jan 2017
- NHI statement re hospital bed crisis & nursing home bed availability
- 5 Jan 2017
- 700+ beds available in nursing homes during A & E crisis
- 14 Dec 2016
- PAC Should Interrogate HSE Service Plan, Says Nursing Homes Ireland
- 8 Dec 2016
- The Irish Independent publishes NHI Supplement
- 23 Nov 2016
- PAC focus on public nursing home costs welcomed
- 16 Nov 2016
- Short-sighted delivery of health services threatens to make older people suffer this Winter
- 13 Oct 2016
- Nursing announcement provides further evidence of State abusing dominance within health sector
- 10 Oct 2016
- Nursing Homes Ireland calls on PAC to investigate Cost of Care in HSE Nursing Homes