The National Nursing Committee consists of 1 representative from each of the 10 NHI regions of the country and is underpinned by Schedule 2 - Nursing Committee Constitution - of the 'Memorandum of Association of Independent Nursing Home Ireland Limited'
The Nursing Vision Is:
'To always provide the best possible evidence-informed person-centred care that makes a difference to people's lives'
Enabling a safe environment
Working in cultures of friendship, connectivity and continuous learning and development
The purpose of the Nursing Committee is to:
1. Provide practice development leadership in NHI
2. Contribute to shaping national policy
3. Coordinate effective communication among nursing members
4. Identify the educational needs of NHI members and develop an annual plan
5. Influence the direction of long-term care in a changing environment
6. Act as advocates on behalf of the nursing workforce in NHI
The role of the Practice Development Facilitator (PDF) in the context of the Nursing Committee purpose is to:
Provide leadership for effective working of the committee and facilitate shared working among committee members in order to achieve the agreed programme of work.
For further information on the role and function of the Nursing Committee, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details on your elected representative or the Practice Development Facilitator at email@example.com.
NURSING HOME FINDER
Find a nursing home in your area...
- 1 Mar 2017
- Widespread use of prefabs questioned as 800+ beds available in Nursing Homes
- 25 Jan 2017
- HSE must be questioned regarding planning failure for A & E crisis
- 19 Jan 2017
- NHI statement re hospital bed crisis & nursing home bed availability
- 5 Jan 2017
- 700+ beds available in nursing homes during A & E crisis
- 14 Dec 2016
- PAC Should Interrogate HSE Service Plan, Says Nursing Homes Ireland
- 8 Dec 2016
- The Irish Independent publishes NHI Supplement
- 23 Nov 2016
- PAC focus on public nursing home costs welcomed
- 16 Nov 2016
- Short-sighted delivery of health services threatens to make older people suffer this Winter
- 13 Oct 2016
- Nursing announcement provides further evidence of State abusing dominance within health sector
- 10 Oct 2016
- Nursing Homes Ireland calls on PAC to investigate Cost of Care in HSE Nursing Homes
- 5 Oct 2016
- State Abusing Dominant Position in Nursing Home Sector
- 5 Oct 2016
- NHI Says Minister Harris Comments on HSE Cost of Care Not Accurate