Administrative Support Officer
Administrative Support Officer – Nursing Homes Ireland
(Specified Purpose Contract – 12 Months)
The Administrative Support Officer will the first point of contact for all member and general public information queries in addition to coordinating and supporting regional meetings and regional education days, being the project lead for the CRM system, supporting the
vetting team to administer vetting for affiliate Nursing homes as required, and managing the NHI website and Social Media Accounts.
Nursing Homes Ireland is the representative organisation for the private and voluntary nursing home sector. This sector, and the care our members provide, are essential for healthcare delivery in Ireland. Private and voluntary nursing homes provide:
–Care for approximately 25,000 residents
– Account for more than 80% of all long-term care beds in the country, and,
– Employ more than 35,000 staff Nursing Homes Ireland was formed in January 2008.
It is the single representative body for the private and voluntary nursing homes sector.
Nursing Homes Ireland is committed to empowering members, leading & promoting the sector and influencing policy.
Duties including but not limited to:
• You will be the first point of contact for all member and general public information queries. You will be ensuring all queries are acknowledged promptly and answered or assigned to other staff
• Building and maintaining relationships with members. All queries should be recorded in the CRM system and open queries are followed up.
• You will ensure members are promptly assisted with their logins for the member’s section of the NHI website and are able to navigate it.
• Members should be encouraged to use NHI Portal/CRM and be provided with assistance and support as required.
• Member nursing home details are kept updated on NHI Website.
• Assist with general tasks such as post, stationary orders, care awards / conference as required.
• Provide ad-hoc support to the Garda Vetting team as required to administer the vetting process for personnel of all affiliate Nursing Homes, meeting timelines and other KPI’s
• Become registered with the National Vetting Bureau as a liaison person for NHI CRM System
• Champion the CRM system within the office and have responsibility for CRM Administration.
• Take a lead role in the development and implementation of the CRM system.
• Ensure the CRM knowledge database is continually developed and FAQ are identified and selected
• Draw up training schedule and manual for all staff and promote to other staff members, reports and templates are developed and updated. Generate meaningful reports on membership and member queries.
• Ensure the membership database is updated and moved to CRM, ensure all new members are informed and supported of the CRM and its use.
• Ensure contact groups are created to enable targeted mailing (eg. By role and location).
• Encourage all members to use CRM and support members with queries and login details.
• Management of NHI website and social media accounts and website content management.
• Ensure regional meetings are set up as events on CRM and that participants for meetings are in CRM. Ensure each region holds at least four regional meetings per year and a regional AGM.
• Coordinate with Regional Secretary’s/Chairpersons on agendas, venue bookings, sending notice of Regional Meetings to members, txt reminders, formatting minutes of meetings and circulating once approved, keeping log of apologies received and informing secretary in advance of meetings.
• Ensure NHI National AGM and Regional AGM’s are supported and relevant paperwork is updated as per NHI Constitution.
• Ensuring any possible support is given for the Annual Conference, Care Awards and AGM.
• Ensure new members are set up on CRM, invoiced with appropriate fee and account set up and that all new members receive membership pack and certificate.
• At start of each year issue membership certs and plaques to all members on renewal.
• Identifying non-member nursing homes, record on CRM, new membership is encouraged and new members are giving a comprehensive introduction to the services provided by NHI
• Keep track of consolidations of group nursing homes and changes, update CRM with these consolidations and identify and update closed Nursing Homes on CRM
• An Annual Satisfaction Survey is to be complied and issued to Members at year end.
NHI Education & Regional Education
• Ensure Education Days are professionally facilitated and information available.
• Events should be logged on CRM and participants booked in CRM/portal. Logging and monitoring all bookings, issuing of NHI Certs, monitoring Evaluation Reports.
• Liaising with regional coordinators on regional education training from NHI Bursary, ensuring venue and facilitator costs are managed and venue is agreed with regional coordinator & PDC.
• Reporting on topics, attendance, evaluation and costs for year-end review.
• The Administration Support Officer will have a degree of flexibility as the needs of our members evolve. It is important you are striving to improve member experience, innovation, process improvements and cost saving.
Ad hoc cover
• As members of staff are absent or on leave etc., it will be expected that where possible you will assist in covering those roles.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send a copy of your CV to Niamh Heneghan at [email protected] Nursing Homes Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.