Member Business Support Specialist
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer, Nursing Homes Ireland
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience
Nursing Homes Ireland is the national representative body for the private and voluntary nursing home sector. The private and voluntary sector, through its 440 homes is providing care and a “home from home” for 25,000 residents which accounts for 80% of all long-term care beds in the country.
We are looking for an experienced Member Business Support Specialist, to play a strategic role within the organisation with the ability to take decisions and work as part of a multi-functional team to deliver excellence in commercial knowledge and expertise to NHI Members and the nursing home sector.
This role will have responsibility for advising and delivering on the organisations strategy on all commercial and funding matters and representing the sector through proactive engagement with regulatory bodies and the myriad of stakeholders in this highly regulated sector.
The position will involve multi-tasking with significant emphasis on supporting the membership through direct contact and through the services offered by NHI. The successful candidate will have real customer focus, with the ability to take decisions, and work as part of a multi-functional team to deliver excellence in commercial knowledge and expertise to NHI Members. This role will be responsible for supporting members on all financial matters, on the sustainability of the sector and ‘the business of care’.
The role of the Member Business Support Specialist is a great opportunity for a proactive, driven professional to work closely with the members, staff and CEO in a dynamic membership-based organisation in a fast-paced environment.
• Identify strategic sector wide commercial and financing issues that will require NHI intervention including representative, lobbying and legal approaches.
• Conduct research and analysis and make recommendations on NHI’s strategy.
• Preparation of discussion documents, submissions and policy/ position papers on all financial/ funding and commercial matters.
• Responsible for supporting members on all financial matters, on the sustainability of the nursing home sector and the ‘business of care.’
• Responsible for providing up to date and relevant information and analysis on the sector to proactively inform and shape policy and public affairs.
• Identify strategic sector wide issues that will require NHI intervention including legal approaches.
• Monitor all commercial activity in the sector and conduct market analysis, tracking and trending of movement within the sector.
• Provide direct support to members on financing nursing home care and in particular provide support to members on the NHSS/Fair Deal Scheme.
• Provide day to day advice and support to members on all commercial aspects of nursing home care.
• Act as the central repository for all information regarding Fair Deal pricing, including tracking and monitoring feedback from members.
• Provide regular commercial content and updates to all Members.
• Report on commercial issues to the Board of Directors and members as appropriate.
• Act as Executive Lead for the Commercial and Financial Affairs Subcommittee.
• Represent NHI as appropriate at regional/national level and at other external fora as appropriate.
• The candidate should have a third level degree and/or relevant business qualification.
• Strong financial background and/or finance qualification would be an advantage.
• Proven experience in a complex organisation with gravitas and strength in decision making.
• Previous experience within the health sector and/or membership organisation in a similar role with a focus on policy development would be advantageous.
• Ability to provide thought leadership on strategic issues and propose strategic response.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and reporting writing skills with the ability to influence and persuade a wide variety of stakeholders.
• Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
• Experience working on multi-disciplined teams and supporting numerous stakeholders.
• Have a very strong client/customer focused background.
The Member Business Support Specialist will occasionally be required to travel to meet with NHI members regionally and nationally. Additionally, there will be an occasional requirement to attend meetings in the evenings.
Full driving licence and own transport required.
This job description is intended as a guide to the scope and responsibilities of the position. It is subject to ongoing review and will evolve in line with the constantly evolving practices and functions of the Organisation’s work.
If you are interested in applying for this role please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by close of business 4th March 2020.
NHI is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals are selected on the basis of their abilities and merits to perform the tasks required. Our policy is to be fair and consistent in all aspects of our business. All applications received will be dealt with confidentially and subject to the company recruitment and selection processes.