Recruitment and Employee Relations Specialist – Maternity Leave Cover
Nursing Homes Ireland are now seeking applications from qualified HR and Recruitment Professionals to provide maternity leave cover for the full-time position of Recruitment and Employee Relations Specialist. Ideally the successful candidate will commence in this position at the beginning of October 2019 and provide full cover for the duration of the maternity leave of the permanent post holder.
About the Company:
Nursing Homes Ireland is the representative organisation for the private and voluntary nursing homes sector. This sector, and the care our members provide, are key parts of the Irish health service. Private and voluntary nursing homes provide:
– Care in a ‘home from home’ for nearly 25,000 residents
– Account for more than 80% of all long-term care beds in the country
– Directly employ in excess of 30,000 staff
Nursing Homes Ireland was formed in January 2008. It is the single representative body for the private and voluntary nursing homes sector.
Nursing Homes Ireland is committed to empowering members, leading & promoting the sector and influencing policy.
Support NHI Member Nursing Homes by:
- providing up to date HR advice, information sheets, templates etc.;
- supporting workforce planning, recruitment and retention in the sector;
- delivering and coordinating training, webinars etc.;
- fulfilling NHI internal HR & data protection functions
In more detail:
- Provide Members with up to date sector specific HR advice and support by issuing updates and by answering direct queries by phone and email.
- Maintaining up to date knowledge and resources on legislation
- Maintain up to date ‘information sheets’ for Member website & NHI knowledgebase, having a good selection of written information, training materials and templates.
- Ensure website, knowledgebase and other media are kept up to date and have a high standard of presentation and consistency.
Recruitment and Lobbying:
- Address the challenges in recruitment and retention of nurses and carers, working with members on the development of sources of nurses and carers from both the domestic and overseas markets and improving retention strategies.
- Ensure pathways to recruit nurses and carers from other jurisdictions are open and the process is as straight forward and timely as possible including recruitment, immigration, visa, nurse accreditation/adaptation and registration, working with NMBI, DJEI, EURES, RSCI etc.
- Give advice to Members re permits/sources of candidates, candidate pathways and processes.
- Engage with stakeholders and government departments, ensuring accurate up to date data on recruitment challenges is available. Preparing submissions on workforce planning to Government Departments, the Expert Group on Future Skills, Oireachtas, media and others.
- Draft surveys and analyse results to provide evidenced basis.
- Manage the Workforce Planning project working with third party consultants.
- Maintain recruitment website/s to facilitate member advertisement, planning and evaluating AdWords campaigns etc. to increase hits from key audiences, ensuring roles advertised on NHI recruitment website appear on internet searches from target audiences and use social media to promote vacancies.
- Promote working in private and voluntary nursing homes in Ireland.
- Track and report on outcomes of all recruitment initiatives.
- Present to and maintain links with, nursing schools, colleges, recruitment fairs etc.
- Plan, budget, provide, organise and evaluate occasional training and webinars for Members as required.
NHI Internal HR and Data Protection:
- Fulfil internal NHI HR function and streamline internal HR policy practice and documentation, supporting managers as required.
- Support internal NHI compliance with data protection legislation
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3rd level degree in HR or a related discipline.
- Ideally CIPD qualified with at least 3 years’ relevant experience.
- Excellent knowledge of Irish Employment Law and best practice.
- Experience of providing HR advice over the phone and by email.
- Knowledge of HR data protection requirements.
- Ability to/experience of, developing advice sheets, policies, policy templates, updates on legislation etc.
- Recruitment experience, including of labour markets at home and abroad.
- Awareness of the recruitment challenges facing the Nursing Home Sector, (experience of the Sector, ideal but not a requirement)
- Workforce planning Skills.
- Ability to draft submissions, making key points, getting key messages across and having clear ‘asks’.
- Experience of devising, evaluating, delivering and organising training.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact, influence and consult at all levels.
- Strong collaboration, team building and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to work effectively on own initiative and in a team environment with commitment to personal and professional development.
- Commercial awareness with strong business focus.
- Attention to detail and highly organised.
- Ability to handle and resolve ambiguous, confidential and sensitive situations and issues of a complex nature.
- A high degree of personal computer literacy, including Word, Excel, CRM, SurveyMonkey, Website and Social Media.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
The above Job Description is not intended to be comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
How to Apply:
Please contact Maria Dooley, Recruitment and Employee Relations Specialist – 01 4699 805, for any enquiries relating to this post.
Interested applicants to apply by sending in a copy of their cv and cover letter to: email@example.com.
Nursing Homes Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.