Welcome to Nursing Homes Ireland
Nursing Homes Ireland is the national representative body for the private and voluntary nursing home sector. There are over 460 such nursing homes in Ireland providing care to over 25,000 people. Our mission is to actively support and represent our members, enabling them to provide sustainable, high quality care to their residents.
Irish Nursing Home Sector:
- Under the Fair Deal Scheme, HSE nursing homes are paid 60% more (on average) than private and voluntary nursing homes.
- The funding model for the Fair Deal Scheme hasn’t changed since it was introduced 10 years ago. A pricing review was due in 2017 but remains outstanding.
- The role of healthcare assistant remains on the Ineligible List of Occupations for Employment Permits.
- NHI Public Affairs Campaign 2019 – Supporting care needs of nursing homes residents.
- Empower: We empower members with up-to-date information and guidance.
- Influence: We influence policy decisions, using up-to-date evidence and advocacy.
- Lead: We provide leadership for the sector.
- Promote: We promote a positive image of the sector and the important role it plays.
- Partner: We partner with all our key stakeholders to support the delivery of care.
14th October 2021: Nursing Homes Ireland (NHI) has accused the Government of ignoring its responsibility…Read More
Positive news @MaryButlerTD. Vital that Fair Deal is cognisant of the seismic pressures being incurred in the provision of highly specialised, 24/7 care in our nursing homes and necessity to recognise pressures in broader delivery of older person care services #Budget2022 https://t.co/G3o1C4VwOi
🚨I have secured a total of €2.3 Billion for older persons services in #Budget22 🚨
This total allocation also covers the Nursing Home Support Scheme (Fair Deal) & €30 million for new developments.
@NursingHomesIre @fiannafailparty @roinnslainte https://t.co/4EtF0pETDx
Important & welcome recognition for the Expert Panel @MaryButlerTD & @DonnellyStephen. Critical as we emerge from Covid19 we ensure Panel's recommendations are resourced to ensure delivery within nursing homes in communities across the country. Look forward to engagement re such https://t.co/FPEEvTRflv
🚨I have secured €17.6 million to ensure further implementation of #COVID19 Nursing Homes Expert Panel Report in #Budget22 🚨
Funding will assist in the provision of enhanced community support teams, safe staffing & safeguarding of residents ✅
#Budget2022 @NursingHomesIre https://t.co/9zR2VdWLMR