Welcome to Nursing Homes Ireland
Nursing Homes Ireland is the national representative body for the private and voluntary nursing home sector. There are over 460 such nursing homes in Ireland providing care to over 25,000 people. Our mission is to actively support and represent our members, enabling them to provide sustainable, high quality care to their residents.
Irish Nursing Home Sector:
- Under the Fair Deal Scheme, HSE nursing homes are paid 60% more (on average) than private and voluntary nursing homes.
- The funding model for the Fair Deal Scheme hasn’t changed since it was introduced 10 years ago. A pricing review was due in 2017 but remains outstanding.
- The role of healthcare assistant remains on the Ineligible List of Occupations for Employment Permits.
- NHI Public Affairs Campaign 2019 – Supporting care needs of nursing homes residents.
- Empower: We empower members with up-to-date information and guidance.
- Influence: We influence policy decisions, using up-to-date evidence and advocacy.
- Lead: We provide leadership for the sector.
- Promote: We promote a positive image of the sector and the important role it plays.
- Partner: We partner with all our key stakeholders to support the delivery of care.
4th December 2022: Nursing home operators from across Ireland have signed an open letter to…Read More
Today we announced €66,010 in grants for promoting physical activity amongst older people in 94 nursing homes and day care centres nationwide. Full details here: https://t.co/aayh14m1X7
@sportireland @HSELive @jackfchambers @DeptCulturelRL
Mobile Music Machine are in Dublin City this week, for our final 10 Care Concerts of year in the county with @SandraOman1
Sincere thanks to @LabDCC @creativeirl @DeptCulturelRL for supporting our live concerts in healthcare settings in 2022 providing access to the arts for all https://t.co/w9SF8VuVmD