Welcome to Nursing Homes Ireland
Nursing Homes Ireland is the national representative body for the private and voluntary nursing home sector. There are over 460 such nursing homes in Ireland providing care to over 25,000 people. Our mission is to actively support and represent our members, enabling them to provide sustainable, high quality care to their residents.
Irish Nursing Home Sector:
- Under the Fair Deal Scheme, HSE nursing homes are paid 60% more (on average) than private and voluntary nursing homes.
- The funding model for the Fair Deal Scheme hasn’t changed since it was introduced 10 years ago. A pricing review was due in 2017 but remains outstanding.
- The role of healthcare assistant remains on the Ineligible List of Occupations for Employment Permits.
- NHI Public Affairs Campaign 2019 – Supporting care needs of nursing homes residents.
- Empower: We empower members with up-to-date information and guidance.
- Influence: We influence policy decisions, using up-to-date evidence and advocacy.
- Lead: We provide leadership for the sector.
- Promote: We promote a positive image of the sector and the important role it plays.
- Partner: We partner with all our key stakeholders to support the delivery of care.
16th January 2020: Tadhg Daly, NHI CEO states: “The withdrawal from the insurance market of…Read More
Liberty is taking the decision to remove itself from our market and now that of childcare. How can we provide specialised care to 'vulnerable' people when providers are at a minimum and premiums unaffordable. Insurance crisis is a #GE2020 headline issue for business & society https://t.co/4U5AghzdPZ
"We cannot wait any further for insurance reform. The duty of care imposed on play centres and all other small businesses must be rebalanced and insurers must make specific commitments to reductions in premiums”
#InsuranceReform #GE20 #GeneralElection2020
. @fiannafailparty commits to our #GeneralElection2020 ask to bring transparency to Fair Deal: "Introduce an independent appeal process for nursing home providers under the Nursing Home Support Scheme". We ask @FineGael @sinnfeinireland @labour @greenparty_ie @SocDems to follow