Welcome to Nursing Homes Ireland
Nursing Homes Ireland is the national representative body for the private and voluntary nursing home sector. There are over 460 such nursing homes in Ireland providing care to over 25,000 people. Our mission is to actively support and represent our members, enabling them to provide sustainable, high quality care to their residents.
Irish Nursing Home Sector:
- Under the Fair Deal Scheme, HSE nursing homes are paid 60% more (on average) than private and voluntary nursing homes.
- The funding model for the Fair Deal Scheme hasn’t changed since it was introduced 10 years ago. A pricing review was due in 2017 but remains outstanding.
- The role of healthcare assistant remains on the Ineligible List of Occupations for Employment Permits.
- NHI Public Affairs Campaign 2019 – Supporting care needs of nursing homes residents.
- Empower: We empower members with up-to-date information and guidance.
- Influence: We influence policy decisions, using up-to-date evidence and advocacy.
- Lead: We provide leadership for the sector.
- Promote: We promote a positive image of the sector and the important role it plays.
- Partner: We partner with all our key stakeholders to support the delivery of care.
Nursing Homes Ireland has tonight, 27th February, accused the HSE of trying to bury the…Read More
Our colleagues @scottishcare have penned an open letter to party leaders in Scotland. "Together with others, I was dismayed by the suggestion that the skilled, professional, registered and highly regulated role of care worker was dismissed out of hand as being ‘low-skilled'.” https://t.co/YodhL78xaM
Positive to see interview with Joyce Timmins, whose worked in Michellin Star restaurants, in today's @IrishTimes. Joyce is engaging with Marymount Care Centre in achieving food excellence for residents. Nursing homes are committed to achieving excellence in food and nutrition https://t.co/z3qutMgYUo
Government need to lead in bringing stakeholders around table to plan for growing requirement for older person care. Let's start planning care services now!
People with dementia in Ireland set to more than double by 2050 https://t.co/gTUrjWNgRu via @newstalkfm