Welcome to Nursing Homes Ireland
Nursing Homes Ireland is the national representative body for the private and voluntary nursing home sector. There are over 460 such nursing homes in Ireland providing care to over 25,000 people. Our mission is to actively support and represent our members, enabling them to provide sustainable, high quality care to their residents.
Irish Nursing Home Sector:
- Under the Fair Deal Scheme, HSE nursing homes are paid 60% more (on average) than private and voluntary nursing homes.
- The funding model for the Fair Deal Scheme hasn’t changed since it was introduced 10 years ago. A pricing review was due in 2017 but remains outstanding.
- The role of healthcare assistant remains on the Ineligible List of Occupations for Employment Permits.
- NHI Public Affairs Campaign 2019 – Supporting care needs of nursing homes residents.
- Empower: We empower members with up-to-date information and guidance.
- Influence: We influence policy decisions, using up-to-date evidence and advocacy.
- Lead: We provide leadership for the sector.
- Promote: We promote a positive image of the sector and the important role it plays.
- Partner: We partner with all our key stakeholders to support the delivery of care.
Age & Opportunity’s Bealtaine Festival, in partnership with Nursing Homes Ireland invites care homes and…Read More
This International Nurses Day we’re celebrating nurses in nursing homes across the country who fulfil a huge role in the provision of person centred care. Below is some members of our National Nursing Committee who work so hard on a number of projects with us! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 https://t.co/nZojciX4JI
Your music has delivered wonderful experiences for residents during these difficult times and great to see household names supporting the performances https://t.co/L9heN06F6p
MMM are back in Dublin city this week, performing 10 concerts in care homes across the city. We are joined this week by veteran star of stage and screen, actor Des Keogh.
Sincere thanks to @AgeFriendlyIrl @creativeirl @HealthyIreland @B_V_O_F @NursingHomesIre https://t.co/2Uz1VazCib