Welcome to Nursing Homes Ireland
Nursing Homes Ireland is the national representative body for the private and voluntary nursing home sector. There are over 460 such nursing homes in Ireland providing care to over 25,000 people. Our mission is to actively support and represent our members, enabling them to provide sustainable, high quality care to their residents.
Irish Nursing Home Sector:
- Under the Fair Deal Scheme, HSE nursing homes are paid 60% more (on average) than private and voluntary nursing homes.
- The funding model for the Fair Deal Scheme hasn’t changed since it was introduced 10 years ago. A pricing review was due in 2017 but remains outstanding.
- The role of healthcare assistant remains on the Ineligible List of Occupations for Employment Permits.
- NHI Public Affairs Campaign 2019 – Supporting care needs of nursing homes residents.
- Empower: We empower members with up-to-date information and guidance.
- Influence: We influence policy decisions, using up-to-date evidence and advocacy.
- Lead: We provide leadership for the sector.
- Promote: We promote a positive image of the sector and the important role it plays.
- Partner: We partner with all our key stakeholders to support the delivery of care.
Private and voluntary nursing homes have overwhelmingly voted no confidence in the NTPF and the…Read More
CONGRATULATIONS to our Resident Achievement Award winner ... Seán Cassidy of Portiuncula Nursing Home in Multyfarnham, Co Westmeath.
Seán will be honoured tomorrow evening at the NHI Care Awards for his outstanding contribution to Nursing Home life.
Next speaker to be profiled is Dr Sara Burke of the Centre for Health Policy Management in @tcddublin
NHI Annual Conference takes place THIS THURSDAY, 14th NOVEMBER!
To find out more and BOOK ONLINE TODAY, visit https://t.co/obazYcXDLO https://t.co/GlXNvmUvRO