Welcome to Nursing Homes Ireland
Nursing Homes Ireland is the national representative body for the private and voluntary nursing home sector. There are over 460 such nursing homes in Ireland providing care to over 25,000 people. Our mission is to actively support and represent our members, enabling them to provide sustainable, high quality care to their residents.
Irish Nursing Home Sector:
- Under the Fair Deal Scheme, HSE nursing homes are paid 60% more (on average) than private and voluntary nursing homes.
- The funding model for the Fair Deal Scheme hasn’t changed since it was introduced 10 years ago. A pricing review was due in 2017 but remains outstanding.
- The role of healthcare assistant remains on the Ineligible List of Occupations for Employment Permits.
- NHI Public Affairs Campaign 2019 – Supporting care needs of nursing homes residents.
- Empower: We empower members with up-to-date information and guidance.
- Influence: We influence policy decisions, using up-to-date evidence and advocacy.
- Lead: We provide leadership for the sector.
- Promote: We promote a positive image of the sector and the important role it plays.
- Partner: We partner with all our key stakeholders to support the delivery of care.
Extension of Temporary Assistance Payment Scheme important measure to support nursing home residents
5th November 2020: Nursing Homes Ireland has welcomed changes to the Temporary Assistance Payment Scheme,…Read More
2020 started off like every other in Terenure Nursing Home; activities, family visits, busy days & nights. Covid changed everything changed, but community came together & buckets of flowers soon arrived at the nursing home #CaringTogether https://t.co/xo1nCRDFeF https://t.co/PhzwyAapYv
We've received an absolutely fantastic response to our #CaringTogether campaign: communities coming together to support nursing homes during Covid19. This week we will share further Caring Together stories from different nursing homes. Today, we revisit Sonas Riverview, Co Mayo. https://t.co/87dRdlqMBk
Listen back to Anne Fleck-Byrne, Drakelands House NH, and our CEO Tadhg Daly discuss the matter of visits to nursing homes over the Christmas period. We are proactive in engaging with @roinnslainte with regard to this sensitive issue