Welcome to Nursing Homes Ireland
Nursing Homes Ireland is the national representative body for the private and voluntary nursing home sector. There are over 460 such nursing homes in Ireland providing care to over 25,000 people. Our mission is to actively support and represent our members, enabling them to provide sustainable, high quality care to their residents.
Irish Nursing Home Sector:
- Under the Fair Deal Scheme, HSE nursing homes are paid 60% more (on average) than private and voluntary nursing homes.
- The funding model for the Fair Deal Scheme hasn’t changed since it was introduced 10 years ago. A pricing review was due in 2017 but remains outstanding.
- The role of healthcare assistant remains on the Ineligible List of Occupations for Employment Permits.
- NHI Public Affairs Campaign 2019 – Supporting care needs of nursing homes residents.
- Empower: We empower members with up-to-date information and guidance.
- Influence: We influence policy decisions, using up-to-date evidence and advocacy.
- Lead: We provide leadership for the sector.
- Promote: We promote a positive image of the sector and the important role it plays.
- Partner: We partner with all our key stakeholders to support the delivery of care.
8th September 2021: Nursing Homes Ireland welcomes announcement by Government today regarding NIAC recommendation for…Read More
The Annual International Dementia Conference is the biggest dementia event in Ireland and this year it will take place online (Zoom) from the 4 until the 6 of October 2021.
The theme is “Opportunity out of Adversity” & we are proud supporters of this event. https://t.co/gU0v9mJsWk
If you haven’t already there’s still time to register for this webinar on Wednesday! #pallcareweek https://t.co/3AoQ0Ck8CZ