Leadership programme for nursing homes QQI level 6 (online live classroom webinars)Wednesday May 20, 2020
LHP Skillnet is going to host Leadership programme for nursing homes QQI level 6 (live classroom webinars). It will be facilitated by Harvest.
The aim of this programme is to address the particular challenges of leading people and organisations in the nursing home sector. This programme offers practical approaches to applying management principles that will facilitate you to manage and support your teams.
It’s going to be delivered in live classroom format.
It is facilitated by an industry expert Barry Kavanagh from Harvest. Barry has more than 30 years’ experience providing learning solutions and training in the nursing home sector.
This programme is recognized by HIQA.
Course: QQI Level 6 – Leadership Programme for Nursing Homes (6N2191) – Minor Award
Dates and Duration: Wednesdays June 24th, July 1st, 8th, 15th & 22nd
Session times – two sessions on the day (both mandatory ) 09.00 -11.00 and 14.00 – 16.00
Additionally there are scheduled 2 Virtual Classrooms – July 3rd & 17th (10.30-11.30)
The programme will be preceded by a Tech Check: 22nd June @ 11.00
Cost: €700 per participant
This course is subsidised by LHP Skillnet – originally priced at €950 and after LHP SKillnet funding reduced to €700 per participant. The payment is expected before the start of the course.
Module 1 – Introduction to Management and Leadership
• The role of the nursing home manager
• Identifying your management style
Module 2 – Client Focused Communication Skills
• Overcoming communication barriers
• Developing core communication skills
• Communication effectively in challenging situation
Module 3 – Building Performing Teams and Conflict Management
• Developing “performing teams
• Your conflict style, when to adapt to increase your effectiveness
Module 4 – Strategic Management
• Developing a positive performance culture
• Managing a positive performance culture
• Carrying out empowering performance reviews
Module 5 – HR & Employment Law
• Employment Equality in the workplace
• Unfair Dismissals Act – policies and procedures in practice
Module 6 – Coaching for Improvement
• Coaching and mentoring toolkit
• Implementing a coaching programme in the nursing home
At the end of this programme the participant will be able to:
- Adapt your management style and practices to provide a service that complies with the national quality standards for residential care settings for older people.
- Provide proper governance within a well organised care setting.
- Develop management skills and practices that create high quality teams, inspiring them to deliver excellent person-centred care for residents.
- Influence others through clear and effective communication with residents, relatives and staff.
- Productively and constructively identify and resolve issues affecting the needs of residents.
- Coach and motivate team members to deliver high quality professional care which meets the changing needs of residents.
- Develop effective staff management systems and procedures for recruitment, induction, training and performance management 8. Empower staff and increase their sense of responsibility and accountability by delegating appropriately.
- Describe the key elements of employment law legislation and how it relates to the nursing home sector and your personal practice.
If you wish to book a place please contact LHP Skillnet firstname.lastname@example.org