NHI partners with Alone for Digital ProgrammeTuesday June 14, 2022
NHI has partnered with ALONE, the national charity supporting older people, to offer free Digital Champion workshops for nursing home staff. The digital workshops will help staff in nursing homes to support residents to learn and develop digital skills.
The key learning objectives of the workshop include:
- Introduction to the free online learning platform Hi Digital and demonstrating how it can help both staff and residents.
- Understanding the Digital Champions’ role in supporting older people with their digital skills
- Planning and supporting the learning process for the individual(s)
There are many benefits of improving the digital skills for residents and ensuring they have access to the internet:
Benefits of digital skills for older people
• Maintain connection with family and friends
• Social engagement and connection with their wider communities
• Maintain hobbies and interests and pick up new ones
• Reduced cognitive decline
• Access information and news
Benefits of digitally literate residents for the Nursing home
• Live access to events/activities when a resident can’t attend
• General administration and communication to residents e.g. announcements including events, newsletters
ALONE’s Training Coordinator is available over the Summer months to conduct both online and in-person Digital Champion training for your staff. You are asked to complete this Expression of Interest Form and the team in ALONE will be in touch soon!