What's the thinking behind the campaign?
Nursing Homes Ireland's national campaign - NHI: It's the people that make the difference - is promoting the benefits of living and working in a nursing home.
The campaign features two nursing home residents and four carers: Emma, Sarah, Alan and Tony. It's focus is on the personal care and attention to detail afforded to residents in NHI Member nursing homes. We recognise it is the little things that can make the biggest difference to our residents' lives. Key to this are the people in our nursing homes providing the care. They are enabling the residents live fuller lives.
Nursing Homes Ireland members enhance people's lives in 'home-from-home' settings through their communities of committed, professional, specialist care staff. This level of expertise, care and attention to detail is demonstrated by the in-depth knowledge that carers have of every resident in their care.
The ads focus on the attention to detail afforded to residents because of the people-focussed care in nursing homes. The compassionate, person-focussed care within nursing homes deliver extremely hight levels of employment satisfaction. Building relationships, bonds and friendships with the people in nursing home care provides immense job satifaction. The campaign informs NHI Member homes offer a great place to both live and work.
Where will I see or hear the campaign?
Commencing June 1st 2015, the campaign will be broadcast across three national radio stations: RTE Radio One, Newstalk, 4FM. NHI Members in communities across Ireland will also feature the campaign poster within their respective nursing homes. National coverage of the campaign will also feature in the Irish Independent.
Can I obtain further information?
Are you considering nursing home care for yourself or a loved one? Nursing Homes Ireland's Quality Living, Quality Care - Living in a Nursing Home booklet provides a wealth of information in respect of nursing home care. It informs of the reality of nursing home life and the dedicated, specialist staffs focus on meeting your health and social care requirements. Also, be informed as to what support is available to enable you access nursing home care.
Want to make a real difference in the role you fulfil? Nursing homes are diverse employers within your local community with opportunities arising. Skills and professional development are to the fore in this highly regulated sector.
Find out more by clicking to read NHI booklet: A Career in Nursing Homes - Make a Difference
What opportunities present? Click to access NHI website www.careersinnursinghomes.ie
NURSING HOME FINDER
Find a nursing home in your area...
- 6 Apr 2017
- NHI Letter to Irish Examiner re Dementia Care
- 6 Apr 2017
- Census 2016: State cannot continue to turn a blind eye to ‘older old’ populations healthcare needs
- 28 Mar 2017
- Five Nations Care Forum Edinburgh Statement: Severe Underfunding
- 25 Jan 2017
- HSE must be questioned regarding planning failure for A & E crisis
- 19 Jan 2017
- NHI statement re hospital bed crisis & nursing home bed availability
- 5 Jan 2017
- 700+ beds available in nursing homes during A & E crisis
- 14 Dec 2016
- PAC Should Interrogate HSE Service Plan, Says Nursing Homes Ireland
- 8 Dec 2016
- The Irish Independent publishes NHI Supplement
- 23 Nov 2016
- PAC focus on public nursing home costs welcomed
- 16 Nov 2016
- Short-sighted delivery of health services threatens to make older people suffer this Winter
- 13 Oct 2016
- Nursing announcement provides further evidence of State abusing dominance within health sector
- 10 Oct 2016
- Nursing Homes Ireland calls on PAC to investigate Cost of Care in HSE Nursing Homes