Nursing Homes Week 2016
"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing," C.S Lewis
Monday 13th June - Sunday 19th June 2016
Nursing Homes Weeks celebrates the positivity of nursing home care!
In communities across Ireland, thousands of persons lives are being enhanced through the excellent care they are receiving on a daily basis from dedicated nursing and care staff.
Nursing Homes Week 2016 will see hundreds of nursing homes celebrate the positivity of nursing home care. A range of celbrations will be hosted in nursing homes across the country. These will bring the nursing home residents, their family and friends, staff and wider communities together.
2016 marks the fourth such national celebration. Visit your local nursing home to enquire as to what celebratory events and activities are being organised.
Nursing homes will be hosting ‘traditional’ celebrations that include family days, parties, music, arts and crafts, activity sessions, day trips, barbeques, games, talks, exhibitions, cooking, gardening.
Lots of ‘novel’ celebrations will also take place. Previous celebrations have included a Hawaiian and Mardi-Gras themed parties, a Phantom of the Opera themed masked ball, beach-themed parties, X Factor competitions, casino days, fashion shows, mad hatters tea parties, sports days.
NURSING HOME FINDER
Find a nursing home in your area...
- 1 Mar 2017
- Widespread use of prefabs questioned as 800+ beds available in Nursing Homes
- 25 Jan 2017
- HSE must be questioned regarding planning failure for A & E crisis
- 19 Jan 2017
- NHI statement re hospital bed crisis & nursing home bed availability
- 5 Jan 2017
- 700+ beds available in nursing homes during A & E crisis
- 14 Dec 2016
- PAC Should Interrogate HSE Service Plan, Says Nursing Homes Ireland
- 8 Dec 2016
- The Irish Independent publishes NHI Supplement
- 23 Nov 2016
- PAC focus on public nursing home costs welcomed
- 16 Nov 2016
- Short-sighted delivery of health services threatens to make older people suffer this Winter
- 13 Oct 2016
- Nursing announcement provides further evidence of State abusing dominance within health sector
- 10 Oct 2016
- Nursing Homes Ireland calls on PAC to investigate Cost of Care in HSE Nursing Homes
- 5 Oct 2016
- State Abusing Dominant Position in Nursing Home Sector
- 5 Oct 2016
- NHI Says Minister Harris Comments on HSE Cost of Care Not Accurate